It’s a big day for you and your loved ones—lots of things to plan and prepare—and choosing a wedding catering services is among that potential headache. Choosing the perfect catering is an important piece that makes for a successful wedding reception. Yes, you’re having your special day in the famed Paradise Island, and there are many catering services in Bali that you can choose from. But what are the things you should consider before choosing the best caterer that would help create a memorable event for all who attend?
How to choose a wedding catering services in Bali?
Catering can easily consume over half of your wedding budget. It’s a rather common occurrence that catering takes the biggest expense. This would probably be well taken care of if you chose a wedding venue that include a full-service wedding package that includes taking care of food and beverages. However, this may not be the case for most venues.
Here are some of the list of things to help you get started:
- Decide what kind of atmosphere do you want your event to have? Is it laid-back and fun? Fancy and formal? These two aren’t necessarily have to be exclusive.
- Start browsing for catering near your area. Thankfully, the Paradise Island of Bali has plenty of it. Tip: take a peek at their Instagram account for inspiration and an image of the wedding trend that’s been around. Another platform you should make use of when brainstorming and toking for inspiration is Pinterest and other image boards.
- Figuring out your budget. Start listing some of the most basic things like venue, wedding catering, and get detailed from there.
- Have a chat with the shortlisted wedding catering services. Ask them for ideas, such as whether buffet or served meals are best for you.
Bali catering services: what experience do your caterers have?
The best catering in Bali would consider what sort of event they’re experienced in, and they will gladly be open with you with this information. If they’re experienced in corporate events but your occasion is something more personal in nature, like anniversaries, then you may want to speak further with your Bali catering company.
Although they may not have extensive experience in the type of event you’re hosting, you may be interested in their menu or the style of their service, and thus would like to give the catering service a try. Sometimes you don’t need specific wedding catering services to host a successful occasion. What you need is good communication and a collaborative effort.
Do your best to provide your guests’ needs
While you cannot please everyone, and you certainly should never aim to do so, creating the best experience and a lasting impression of your event requires you to meet certain things for your guests. In terms of food, worry less about tastes as you would to meet guests’ dietary needs. A good wedding catering services would not have a problem with this. See to it that your catering company properly label their food. For example:
- Label dishes that may contain nuts that may trigger an allergic reaction.
- The same applies to other potential allergens such as seafood.
This is especially important for events that use a buffet setting, as there aren’t that many wait person that would inform and cater to them if they have any dietary prohibition and such.
Catering service that offers sample-tasting
Caterers often make food-tasting available depending on the size of your event. Some catering services start from a restaurant establishment, and this isn’t a rare occurrence in Bali as well. Choosing a caterer attached to a restaurant would allow you to taste their food regardless of the size of the event you’re hosting. Ask the person in charge of the catering and ask what menu in the restaurant they have in offer for their catering services.